Business Innovation Consultant – Haltech Regional Innovation Centre
Haltech is Hiring and looking for more great people to join our team to make an impact on the start up innovation and technology community in Halton Region.
About Haltech Regional Innovation Centre
Haltech is one of 17 Regional Innovation Centres (RICs) across the province of Ontario. As a non-profit corporation our mission is to empower all innovative companies to realize their full potential through education, advisory services, and strategic connections.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Business Innovation Consultant. If you are interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, working with a highly collaborative team in a dynamic environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and contributing to client success is the focus, we would like to hear from you.
The Business Innovation Consultant is an analytical, resourceful, and flexible individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and will be a key team member of the Haltech organization. Key responsibilities include client services, supporting start up and scale up innovation clients, stakeholder relationships, reporting, and advisor management.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Consultant:
- Understands the unique challenges of each entrepreneur and then works with each to identify next steps and how to achieve milestones
- Connects clients with Haltech resources, business advisors, and/or connections.
- Manages client intake meetings and ensures agreements and documentation related to clients are accurate and up to date
- Maintains relationships with clients and meets on a quarterly basis at minimum to discuss progress and determine other supports that would benefit clients.
- Makes relevant referrals to advisors, partners, and other resources in the ecosystem
- Enters details of client meetings into the Client Management System, and ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Oversees the regular collection of metrics for the team and compiles reports suitable for funders (Ministry of Economic Development Job Creation and Trade) reporting on a semi-annual basis
- Assesses the needs of Haltech’s client on a regular basis, including evaluation of new clients’ progress and delivery of business consulting services, and provides input to the Executive Director on issues, opportunities, and progress toward key metrics
- Utilizes continuous improvement methods to deliver exceptional services to clients, maintain relevant ecosystem relationships, and optimize the CRM and other tools
- Supports the development of the annual business plan and quarterly reports to the Board of Directors
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies to make the best referrals for client companies
- Manages Advisor relationships to ensure required resources and reporting on a regular basis
- Identifies and arranges relationships with key partners that enable clients to have maximum impact
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education, College diploma or University degree (For example Business, Administration, Communications, Information Technology)
- Strength in writing, research, data analysis, and project management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A flexible and a strong client service attitude and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Ability to work accurately under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft suite of software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Microsoft CRM
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in Canada
- Experience as an entrepreneur, working with start-ups or in technology
- CRM experience, particularly Dynamics 365
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for Halton Region, the local tech sector, government and community organizations
- Haltech is based in TechPlace (5500 North Service Road, Burlington) and MEVIC (555 Industrial Drive, Milton). This position will be working from home in the short term and depending on changes with COVID-19 conditions. The position will also include working from the Haltech Offices in Burlington or Milton in the future once COVID conditions are lifted
- Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000/year plus benefits, vacation and flexible work.
Haltech is a supportive atmosphere in a community-focused office. Haltech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]