*** All FALL 2023 micro-grant applicants must be submitted through the charity’s portal during the Open Call for Applications between October 2, 2023 at 9am ET to 11:59pm PT on November 12, 2023.***
The Innovators & Entrepreneurs Foundation (IEF) FALL 2023 Micro-grant application is open to any natural person who meets all the eligibility requirements listed below, and each micro-grant category’s specific requirements when noted.
All IEF FALL 2023 Micro-grant applicants/nominees must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least one of the following for the business the application is based on: founder, owner, co-founder, co-owner, person who owns or co-owns the entity or trademark for brand, product name, or service.
- Be an active senior leader and key decision-maker for the business.
- Have a business founded and based/headquartered in Canada.
- Have a business that has been operating and generating revenue with a product or service available in market for a minimum of one year.
- Be a member of an equity-deserving or/and racialized community(ies), per the charity’s definition (see definition below). If specified in the micro-grant category, the applicant/nominee must be a member of the equity-deserving group identified in the category name and/or description.
- Meet the additional categorical requirements that are specified in the IEF FALL 2023 Micro-grant category for which the applicant/nominee is applying.