WEtech Alliance is a Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in the Province of Ontario that acts as a hub for the acceleration and commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology and tech-enabled companies. WEtech works with start-up companies and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
Pay: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Term: 2-year contract
Reporting to the Director of Operations and working in collaboration with the regional partners and academic institutions, the Talent Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for, planning and facilitating WEtech Alliance’s programs and events targeted at tech talent and tech community. The Talent Engagement Coordinator will work collaboratively with regional partners and academic institutions to enhance engagement among post-secondary students and broader tech talent community.
The Talent Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing talent programming and related events, presentations, and digital assets, as well as provide administrative and coordination support for WEtech Alliance programs and operations.
The specific responsibilities may include:
- Planning and coordination of meetings, events and program activities with partners; promotions and advertising; schedules, guests and speakers; in the development of event and program sponsors for WEtech Alliance focused events including Tech Connect socials, Industry on Campus events, and regional hackathons.
- Deliver Tech Connect promotional presentations, keeps records of tech talent successes and acts as a key resource to ensure entrepreneurship and innovation is infused into Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent’s tech culture, particularly at University of Windsor and St. Clair College.
- Maintain, develop, and oversee Tech Connect website and Tech Jobs board
- Operational and administrative day-to-day coordination and assistance of WEtech Alliance programs including Nerd Olympics, TeCK Week YQG, Tech Connect socials, Industry on Campus events, and Tech Job Fair, etc…
- Support and assistance of community talent programs and events including WinHacks, BorderHacks, Erie Hacks, MasseyHacks, FIRST Robotics, Google Developers Groups, Palette Skills, etc…
- Research and promote programs, services, and resources that are available to tech entrepreneurs/talent and offered by provincial and federal governments and not-for-profit and for profit organizations; develop relationships with such organizations
- Manage the program/event schedule, timelines, and milestones, carefully monitoring all aspects of the program/event, and coordinating the work and contributions of partners and contractors; engage other staff members from the entrepreneurial ecosystem as appropriate.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders by building and nurturing effective and collaborative networks and relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent tech ecosystem, seeking opportunities to enhance outcomes through partnerships, and implementing strategies that enhance collaboration and achievement of objectives
- Maintain budget and track expenditures for talent events and related programs
- Manage and compile tech talent communications pieces including for monthly newsletters, etc…
- Represent WEtech Alliance positively within the community and that of the surrounding region, and with outside agencies
- Develop all event content including online registration pages, invitations, marketing descriptions, and final reporting.
- Managing registration and all related tools and tracking event metrics and statistics for reporting
- Working with Marketing team to generate awareness and drive attendance to events and programs
- Support Program and Events teams on signature events such as TeCK Week YQG, Founders Week YQG, etc…
- Selecting and setting up appropriate online technologies
- Completion of post event follow up activities (satisfaction surveys, CRM input etc.)
- Other duties as may be required
Bachelor’s degree or certificate in business and/or related field, entry-level position with 1-3 years of experience
Experience with program and event coordination / management
WEtech Alliance is one of seventeen Regional Innovation Centres, funded by the Province of Ontario, serving the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. We provide entrepreneurs with business services, training, perks, mentorship and strategic connections to help bring new ideas to market, scale to the next level and build a dynamic culture and a community of innovation. WEtech Alliance has served as the catalyst for technology and innovation in the Windsor-Essex + Chatham-Kent regions since 2011.