We are seeking applications from individuals interested in volunteering on our Board of Directors. Our board members share in the fulfilment of the organization’s vision, shape strategy and contribute to the fulfilment of governance responsibilities.
Who We Are
Innovation Guelph builds community prosperity and wellbeing by providing mentorship and business support programs and services that help innovative companies start, grow, and thrive. We offer a range of business acceleration programs for high-potential start-ups and growth-oriented small to medium-sized enterprises from across southern Ontario. We are committed to advancing an innovation ecosystem that drives economic growth, supports environmental sustainability, and enhances the quality of life for everyone in our region and beyond.
Who You Are
Community members with expertise in the areas of fundraising, policy/governance, finance, government relations and collaborative and integrated service delivery initiatives are especially welcome to apply. Innovation Guelph strongly encourages applications from priority groups such as:
- Indigenous communities
- Racialized community members
- Immigrants and/or Newcomers to Canada
- Individuals with disabilities
- People who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+
- Expertise in Equity, Diversity, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings (five meetings per annum)
- Serve on a minimum of one committee of the board and work independently on assigned activities
- Support Innovation Guelph community events as often as possible
- Flexible term for up to three years
What we do as the Board of Directors
- Participate in setting and monitoring the strategic directions and policies of the organization
- Provide strategic leadership
- Develop and approve policies and procedures
- Ensure mutual accountability and shared decision making
- Support compliance with agreements and legislation
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
- Assess impact of outcomes (strategic goals) arising from the delivery of programs and services
- Recruit, hire and set performance expectations for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
WANT TO APPLY?
Please contact Alison Crumblehulme at [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 13, 2022
Innovation Guelph provides mentorship, programs and services to help innovative businesses start, grow and thrive.
Serving Guelph, Wellington County and Southwestern Ontario, our novel business acceleration programs – including Speedway, Fast Lane, Fuel Injection and the Rhyze Project – support high-potential businesses from start-up to scale-up. Innovation Guelph also serves as a single point of access to Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE) resources.
We empower entrepreneurs, build community partnerships, and foster initiatives to build an innovation ecosystem that drives lasting economic growth, supports environmental sustainability and enhances the quality of life for everyone in our region.