originally published: 2023-04-27 13:27:38
Application Screening Process
All applications will be evaluated against program criteria in the following steps:
- Initial screening by program staff to ensure basic eligibility
- Eligible applications will be reviewed by a panel of internal and external industry experts, and assigned numerical grades
- Grading will be averaged across the judging panel, and the top teams will be offered a place in the program
The panel of reviewers will be provided a rubric to score applications against the following criteria.
- Is the application complete?
- Are all questions answered in detail?
- Novelty and Compelling Nature of the Idea
- Is this an industry that is already well represented in ICUBE?
- Is the idea unique, interesting, and demonstrates potential?
- Will this solution impact lives in a meaningful way?
- Is there a large market for this idea?
- Does the solution address a widespread problem?
- Alignment with Programming
- Is the Ideation Lab program will positioned to address the challenges faced by the entrepreneur?
- Can the Ideation Lab program address the main priorities of the entrepreneur?
- Is the venture at the right stage for this program?
- Attention to accessibility/inclusiveness
- Ideation Lab provides value-based entrepreneurship education. Is this business idea and the founding team attentive accessibility, inclusiveness, and social issues?
- The Entrepreneur
- Does the founding team have the right skills to pursue entrepreneurship at this time?
- Is the founder committed to this program and furthering this idea?
- Does the applicant demonstrate professionalism?
Ideation Lab’s dedication to promoting diversity in our teams includes a commitment to ensuring every cohort accurately reflects our community, welcoming folks of all gender identities, sexual originations, races and ages, and actively creating space for marginalized change-makers and under-represented disciplines
Altitude Accelerator is a not-for-profit innovation hub and business incubator for Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon, and other communities in Southern Ontario. Altitude Accelerators’ focus is to be a dynamic catalyst for tech companies. We help our companies grow faster and stronger.
Our strength is our proven ability to foster growth for companies in Advanced Manufacturing, Internet of Things, Hardware & Software, Cleantech and Life Sciences.
Our team consists of more than 100 expert advisors, industry, academic, government partners. The team helps companies in Advanced Manufacturing, Internet of Things, Hardware & Software, Cleantech and Life Sciences to commercialize their products and get them to market faster.