originally published: 2023-01-23 21:12:53
- The risks in the supply chain, especially the powertrain suppliers, lead to a long waiting period for customers to get their electric vehicles. 95% of suppliers’ revenue is still from internal combustion engines. Therefore, helping suppliers transition is an urgent need.
- From an EV charging station manufacturer’s side, building a close connection with their upper stream suppliers is critical, because the supplier power is in the dominant position in the EV market.
- Increasing in order volume is an effective way to make upper stream suppliers less powerful. Currently, EV battery manufacturers do not have a large volume. But in the foreseeable future, order volume will rise, and risks from the suppliers will be weakened.
- The manufacturing capability in Ontario can support the market. But there is an information asymmetric – suppliers should understand the demands and actively position themselves to be able to support EV infrastructure manufacturing.
- For startups in the EV infrastructure space, the concept of a new technology may not be accepted by people – there exists a chasm. That is a challenge for startups, and it requires money to cross the chasm.
Watch the full episode to learn more about EV infrastructure space in Ontario.
Follow us on LinkedIn and keep updated.
If you have topic suggestions or you would like to participate in discussions, please fill out the form below. We’ll contact you at our earliest convenience.
Altitude Accelerator is a not-for-profit innovation hub and business incubator for Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon, and other communities in Southern Ontario. Altitude Accelerators’ focus is to be a dynamic catalyst for tech companies. We help our companies grow faster and stronger.
Our strength is our proven ability to foster growth for companies in Advanced Manufacturing, Internet of Things, Hardware & Software, Cleantech and Life Sciences.
Our team consists of more than 100 expert advisors, industry, academic, government partners. The team helps companies in Advanced Manufacturing, Internet of Things, Hardware & Software, Cleantech and Life Sciences to commercialize their products and get them to market faster.