Reporting to the Director of Community Growth, Innovation Guelph’s Digital Marketing Specialist will plan digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels, create and publish written and visual content to support the marketing team’s initiatives, optimize marketing funnels to improve performance, and communicate results internally to the greater team.
They will be skilled at creating captivating content, understand the importance of engagement and traction, and know how to navigate multiple social media channels with ease. If this sounds like something you would excel at – consider joining the Innovation Guelph team, today!
- Create engaging content, implement, encourage, and track media engagement for various channels (including website, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Google Ads, and more)
- Research online advertising trends to determine what best suits IG’s audience
- Interview people of interest and create original blog and story content to build brand awareness, generate interest in client companies, showcase corporate funders and sponsors to create an understanding of what our regional innovation centre does; and why it is so important to the economy
- Define, analyze, and optimize on important metrics for all media performance. Provide monthly campaign reports on project KPIs including (but not limited to) brand awareness, engagement and overall return on any advertising spend
- Advise and manage paid ads budgetary goals, when assigned
- Measure the success of media campaigns based on the performance of account KPIs
- Work closely with IG’s graphic designer/creative lead to bring the most effective ads to market by using appropriate content, hashtags, and current trends while staying on brand
- Ensure the precise and seamless execution of all media strategies
- Prior to publishing, proofread all public-facing content ensuring accuracy of data, spelling, and grammar
- Identify, negotiate, and suggest strategic media placements for brand growth, lead generation programs and other promotional efforts based on organizational objectives
- Stay up to date with the latest paid media best practices and technologies. Brainstorm and collaborate with internal teams on new ideas and tactics
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, carefully using time management skills to deliver quality pieces on time and on brand. Communicates any delays effectively and in a timely manner. Makes thoughtful recommendations to manage workload well.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- 2-3 years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies would be preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience of all different digital marketing channels, online marketing tools and best practices
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads and LinkedIn Ads
- Critical, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in corporate/non-profit organizations is desired
- Highly creative yet process-driven and relies on data to make decisions
- Strong project management skills and experience working in a deadline driven work environment
- Team player but can also work effectively and efficiently independently
- Maintain HIPAA confidentiality
- Previous experience researching and promoting products and services online via blogs, social media, and website content
- Experience handling email campaigns and content writing (blogs, websites, professional reports)
- Familiar to expert level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Quick to learn new programs and databases like: SuiteCRM, ZOHO Marketing Plus, Wufoo, Monday, Slack, etc.
Position Perks & Benefits
At Innovation Guelph, we know it is not all about what you can do for us. We believe that our people are the best investment we can make, and we want to reward you through a wide range of benefits that recognize the important role you play in our organization and in driving our mission.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Living Wage Certified
- Matching RRSP (after 2 years)
- Robust Benefits Plan (after 3 months), including Life Insurance and personal time off
- 10 days of paid vacation (to begin) plus one week of “office shut down” in December.
- Up to $500 per person in Professional Development funding available each year
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity that will allow you to make an impact and have fun while doing it – you have found the right position!
Innovation Guelph is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time, entry level
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Location: Hybrid: Minimum 2+ days (including Tuesdays) in Guelph office, remainder of week is remote, unless otherwise notified by CEO of change to policy.
If interested in applying, please submit cover letter and resume before on or before November 25, 2022. Please include anticipated start-date and salary expectation on coverletter.
If this sounds of interest to you, please apply today by emailing [email protected].