As we step into 2024, the hardtech landscape is undergoing dynamic changes, and ventureLAB is thrilled to showcase five companies, from the Hardware Catalyst Initiative, that exemplify the spirit of innovation across the region. From MedTech wearable solutions to user-generated virtual worlds and B2B SaaS cybersecurity platforms, ventureLAB has witnessed these visionary companies' commitment to pushing boundaries in HardTech across numerous sectors.
ventureLAB’s Hardware Catalyst Initiative, Canada’s only lab and incubator for founders building hardware and semiconductor-focused products, enabling the creation of transformative technologies that will power our products of tomorrow. As we eagerly anticipate another year of growth, partnerships, and advancements, below are the five companies that we’re keeping our eyes on in 2024.
- Prova Innovations is a medical technology company, headquartered in Canada, Ontario. The company specializes in wearable technology solutions for in-home GAIT training and rehabilitation. Their focus is to help patients with a brain injury, neurological disorder, degenerative disease, or mobility issue regain function through the promotion of neuroplasticity and neuromotor recovery.
- OVA.ai is a software engineering studio that delivers technology, expertise, creativity, and services to help users unleash the full potential of the Metaverse—continuously removing barriers keeping users from creating virtual worlds. Since 2014, they are democratizing XR sandbox creation, allowing user-generated content to revolutionize entire industries.
- BetterCart Analytics helps food processors, manufacturers, and retailers make data-driven decisions with its advanced price analytics technology. Harnessing the power of over 5 billion grocery product records currently, and 30 million new price updates weekly, BetterCart Analytics provides its customers with real-time and historical pricing data for all grocery products, along with powerful intelligence that deepens their understanding of markets and competitive landscapes. Using machine learning and AI to provide an unparalleled level of transparency and traceability around grocery product pricing, BetterCart Analytics powers the competitive advantage of its customers and supports their sales and marketing efforts.
- Protexxa is a B2B SaaS cybersecurity platform that leverages Artificial Intelligence to rapidly identify, evaluate, predict, and resolve cyber issues for employees. Protexxa gives users the ability to take control and reduce cyber vulnerabilities with our AI-powered assessment and remediation session.
- Permalution is a world-class company, on a mission to democratize a new water source. The company develops climate adaptation technology using fog and clouds while being committed to building innovative solutions to address the world's current water and climate change challenges.
We are looking forward to seeing what strides these companies make in 2024!
ventureLAB is a leading global founder community for hardware technology and enterprise software companies in Canada. Located at the heart of Ontario’s innovation corridor in York Region, ventureLAB is part of one of the biggest and most diverse tech communities in Canada. Our initiatives focused on raising capital, talent retention, commercializing technology and IP, and customer acquisition have enabled thousands of companies to create over 4,500 jobs and raise more than $250 million in investment capital. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada, for global markets.
ventureLAB is a leading global founder community for hardware technology and enterprise software companies in Canada. Our organization is led by seasoned entrepreneurs and business leaders with decades of industry experience in building IP-rich start-ups, scale-ups, and global multinationals to help you scale your business. Located at the heart of Ontario’s innovation corridor in York Region, ventureLAB is part of one of the biggest and most diverse tech communities in Canada. We enable technology startups to accelerate the commercialization of transformational products on a global scale.